Abel Sanchez: Baysangurov Will Come Back in 5-6 Months

index

By Alexey Sukachev –

Abel Sanchez, the trainer of ex-WBO light middleweight champion, Zaurbek Baysangurov (28-1, 20 KOs), revealed the reasons behind his protégé’s recent withdrawal from the fight with a mandatory challenger Demetrius Andrade, scheduled for July 6 in Kiev, to Sportbox.ru .

“Zaurbek was training very hard, trying to get in shape. On the Wednesday of that week, we had an open workout, which included an eight-round sparring session, and Zaurbek felt pain in his back afterwards. On Thursday we did a bit of jogging, but his condition worsened. I think it was an old injury he had received in the past. Then we had a light training session and another period of jogging. His back gave up; he was in sharp pain, so he had to visit a doctor”.

“Zaurbek had been training so hard for the fight, but this cancellation will be a blessing after all. He would have been unable to complete his task against Andrade without proper ring movement. I guess he could be back in five or six months from this point”.

Baysangurov’s WBO title was declared vacant, with undefeated former US Olympians Demetrius Andrade (2008) and Vanes Martirosyan (2004) being the frontrunners for the vacated belt. The winner of this bout will have to take on Baysangurov right after that.

http://www.boxingscene.com/abel-sanchez-baysangurov-come-back-5-6-months–67247

Baysangurov Injures His Back, Andrade Fight is Off

Image12022012

WBO Junior Middleweight Champ Zaurbek Baysangurov got injured during his training camp at the Summit Gym (Big Bear, California) and will not be able to defend his title on July 06th in Kyiv.

“I am very disappointed.  My back betrayed me again. Formerly I had to reschedule the fight with Konecny for the same reason. Though I have never been training this hard and I’m in the best shape ever but the pain does not allow me to go on training and I have to submit the cancelation. But I promise to all of the fans that I will be back very soon!!!” – said Baysangurov.

“It is a very bad and unexpected news for us. This show was intended to become a real sensation. We won the purse bids with the considerable amount, prepared the “cool” undercard, plenty of tickets were purchased, the TV rights were sold to 30 countries. But we have to cancel the show and I feel sad about that. It happens in boxing sometimes. I hope Zaur will recover soon and will be able to return to the ring already this year” – said Alexander Krassyuk, Baysangurov’s promoter (K2 Promotions Ukraine).

http://www.boxingscene.com/baysangurov-injures-his-back-andrade-fight-off–66746

 

(07/06/2013) Zaurbek Baysangurov vs. Demetrius Andrade

Date:  Saturday, July 6, 2013

Title:  WBO Jr. Middleweight Championship

Location:  Kiev, Ukraine

Promoter: K2 Ukraine

WBO Jr. Middleweight Championship Bout was cancelled.  Champ Zaurbek Baysangurov got injured in training and will not defend on July 6, 2013.  As agreed on purse bid, If any fighter is injured, he’ll be replaced with first available contender and injured fighter will be kept as #1 on the rankings. If the Champion is injured, he will be #1. The winner must face mandatory challenger within 180 days from the date of the bout If this happens, promoters must renegotiate contract.

Baysangurov vs Konecny WBO World Light-Middleweight title fight live on Boxnation tomorrow night

A semblance of sanity will be restored to the WBO’s chaotic light-middleweight situation on Saturday evening when Ukrainian based champion Zaurbek Baysangurov collides with interim king Lukas Konecny of the Czech Republic in a potential barnburner at the Sports Palace in Kiev.

The action is live and exclusive on BoxNation (Sky Ch. 437/Virgin Ch. 546). Join at www.boxnation.com

It promises to be top quality fare from the Eastern European rivals who have both held the continental crown after meritable amateur careers.

The 27 year old Baysangurov, born in Achkhoy-Martan, Russia, enters as a 2-1 on favourite. He is the younger man by seven years and, effectively fighting on home turf – his three ‘world’ title fights have all taken place in the Ukraine. At 5ft 101/2in tall, he holds a sway in height and reach and with 20 stoppages on his 28 fight CV, he certainly appears the heavier hitter.

A former Russian junior champion, Baysangurov first surfaced as a talent to monitor when he bagged bronze medals at the 2001 World Cadets and 2002 World Junior meets.

He was still a teenager when he joined the profession in June 2004, signing with German mob Sauerland Events. Appearing in the Ukraine, Russia, Belarus and Germany early doors, he made swift progress and, within a dozen gigs, had won IBF Youth titles at both 160 and 154lbs, successfully defending the later on two occasions.

However, the first real indication that he might become a future force on the world scene occurred in September 2006 when, still only 21, he rose from a first round knockdown to comprehensively school mallet-fisted Mexican Marco Antonio Rubio (a future two weight WBC title challenger) over 12, at tomorrow evening’s venue.

In his next start, ‘Zaur’ picked up the vacant European crown with a tight but unanimous decision over decent Frenchman Hussein Bayram in Cologne and he twice retained that honour with stoppage wins.

The sole blemish on his slate came back in December 2008 when Detroit’s Cornelius Bundrage, now the IBF title holder, smashed him in five in Mannheim.

He re-grouped and is unbeaten in eight since, capturing WBA InterContinental, IBO, WBO interim and WBO belts en route. He required just 51 seconds to dispatch veteran Brazilian southpaw Mike Miranda to garner that ‘interim’ bauble (July 2011) and upgraded to the full WBO crown ten months later, when climbing off the carpet in round two to conquer France’s previously unbeaten Michel Soro over 12. Currently trained by Abel Sanchez over in California, his record presently rests at 27-1 but lacks marquee names.

Home fans might be more familiar with Czech challenger Konecny. The 34-year-old smashed Manchester’s Mathew Hall in six for the vacant European title at Birmingham’s NIA in September 2010, then became the first Czech in history to deliver a ‘world’ title belt to the Republic by impressively bashing up French Algerian Salim Larbi in seven rounds to nab the WBO ‘interim’ crown at his homeland’s Vodova Arena, Brno last April. He had previously been scheduled to challenge Bansangurov in Kiev last March but the Ukrainian withdrew with a back injury.

The Czechs may have a rather shallow fistic history but there is no mistaking that Konecny is a top grade operator. A 257 bout amateur career saw him collect a European Junior silver medal plus bronzes at two world championships (Budapest 1997 and Houston 1999) prior to competing at the 2000 Sydney Olympics.

Since turning pro with Ulf Steinforth’s SES operation over in Germany in June 2001, where he is coached by Dirk Dzemski in Magdeburg, the father of three has compiled imposing 48-3 stats en route to collecting the German International, EU, European plus WBO and IBF InterContinental  and WBO ‘interim’  belts at 11 stone. Twenty-three victims have fallen early.

All three reverses on his card came on foreign climes and in good class. In 2004, Spaniard Ruben Varon, who gave Matthew Macklin a very stiff argument for the European middleweight crown, edged past Konecny on a 10 round split in his home city of Madrid. Two years later, Italy’s Michele Piccirillo, a one time IBF welter champ, climbed off the canvas to unanimously outscore the Czech over 12 in a European championship fight in Lombardia, Italy.

Konecny’s most recent setback came in April 2008 when, in a prior crack at the WBO belt, Serhiy Dzinziruk, a 6ft southpaw born in the Ukraine but based in Hamburg, edged past him on a contentious 12 round majority in Dresden. The compact 5ft 8in Czech has been victorious in 12 straight since, including three European championship affairs plus that WBO ‘interim’ spat. British fans shall be aware of his quality from the manner in which he sucked Hall’s sting then wiped him out with a serious of very clinical volleys.

There is plenty to admire about Konecny and he is certainly a very ‘live’ challenger. However, age, size and location all favour Baysangurov and I expect him to retain by decision, just, after a dozen hotly debated rounds.

By: Glynn Evans

http://www.boxeomundial.net/boxeo.php?category=english&id=31090

Baysangurov-Konecy card

In two weeks, on Oct. 6, WBO light middleweight titleholder Zaurbek Baysangurov (27-1, 20 KOs) will put his belt at risk for the second time since being crowned the champion by the World Boxing Organization. Baysangurov fights possibly the biggest opponent in his career in experienced Czech perennial contender Lukas Konecny (48-3, 23 KOs) at the Kiev’s Palace of Sport in Ukraine; the show being promoted by K2 with assistance of the SES-Boxing (led by Ulf Steinforth).

Meanwhile, the undercard of the event is slowly being composed by the organizers. The tournament will feature a comeback of Sergey Fedchenko (30-2, 13 KOs), a 31-year old Ukrainian stylist, who is best known for his spirited although one-sided loss on points to Juan Manuel Marquez this April.

Other notable names to watch after will be former WBO Europe light middleweight champion Dmitry Nikulin (24-1, 8 KOs), super middleweight upset artist Olexander Cherviak (9-2-1, 3 KOs) and undefeated heavyweight Andriy Rudenko (20-0, 12 KOs). Prospects Vitaliy Nevesioly (12-1, 7 KOs), Dmytro Semernin (9-0, 3 KOs) and Igor Pankevich are also scheduled to take their parts in the evening. Opponent for all aforementioned fighters will be named soon. The card is also planned to feature several of SES-Boxing fighters.

By Alexey Sukachev and Dmitry Mikhalchuk

http://www.boxingscene.com/baysangurov-konecny-card-fedchenko-others-added–57461

Baysangurov-Konecny Given Until June 4 To Reach a Deal

The World Boxing Organization has given Zauerbek Baysangurov and Lukas Konecny until June 4th to reach an agreeement – or else a purse bid will be ordered.  Baysangurov (27-1, 20KOs), the WBO’s junior middleweight champion, retained the title last Saturday in Brovari with a twelve round decision over Michel Soro. Konecky became the WBO’s interim-champion and mandatory challenger in April when he stopped Salim Larbi in seven rounds.

If it goes to purse bid, the minimum acceptable bid is $200,000, and the purse division shall not be greater than an 80/20 and shall be calculated by the championship committee using a ratio based upon the average purse of each fighter’s last three (3) fights.

 

By Osman Rodriguez

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=52861

Baysangurov Faces Soro On May 12 in Brovary, Ukraine

Contrary to previously heard rumors, WBO jr middleweight champion Zaurbek Baysangurov (26-1, 20 KOs), who is making his long awaited comeback to the ring on May 12 in Brovary, Ukraine, will not face Spaniard Ruben Varon in the first defense of his title.

Instead the 27-year old Kiev-based Russian takes on undefeated Frenchman Michel Soro (18-0, 11 KOs), who is rated #6 by the WBO. Soro, 22, is relatively unknown but this physical specimen has several wins over capable European journeymen, including Roman Dzhuman of Ukraine. K2 promotes the show.

 

By Alexey Sukachev and Dmitry Mikhachuk

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=51901

Baysangurov Defends WBO Championship on May 12th

WBO light middleweight champion Zaurbek Baysangurov (26-1, 20 KOs) will make the first defense of his title on May 12 at the Terminal in Brovary, Ukraine. No official opponent has been named so far but rumors are widespread that Spaniard Ruben Varon (38-6, 17 KOs), who is ranked #11 by the WBO, will step into the ring against the Chechen native.

Baysangurov, 27, is regarded by many as a paper champion, and he certainly has something to prove to the skeptics. He acquired the vacant WBO interim title by knocking out totally irrelevant Brazilian Mike Miranda with what seemed to be a light punch in the very first round. Zaurbek, a hard hitter with good boxing skills, who has wins over Richard Gutierrez and Marko Antonio Rubio on his resume, as well as an upset TKO loss to the reigning IBF champion Cornelius Bundrage, was elevated to a full champion status, after then-champion Sergey Dzinziruk was stripped of his regalia. Baysangurov was then thought to defend against possibly the toughest opponent in his career in Lukas Konecny in March but was forced to withdraw from the bout after a back injury during the training camp.

Meanwhile, Konecny put up a one-sided beating and then stopped Frenchman Salim Larbi the last week to acquire a vacant WBO Interim title in his turn. Now the winner of the WBO defense in Brovary will be forced to defend his title against the Czech in the shortest time possible.

Ruben Varon is 32. He is a well-known continental contender, who ironically dealt Konecny the first loss of his career in a questionable fashion in 2004. Varon challenged Felix Sturm for the WBO middleweight belt in 2003 and lost to the German via a lopsided unanimous decision. In his most recent big fight in 2010, Varon gave a stern test to then-EBU titleholder Matthew Macklin before losing a dubious decision.

The show is promoted by K2.

 

By Alexey Sukachev and Dmitry Mikhachuk

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=51843

Letter to Zaurbek Baysangurov

28FEB12 R19 IC Zauerbek Baysangurov (2)

CLICK ON THE LINK ABOVE TO VIEW THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENT!!!

 

 

 

Dear Champion Baysangurov:
We are very sorry to read the report of your illness/injury which cancelled your scheduled championship bout.
Please submit an Interim Certification on or before Friday, March 2, 2012 which includes a prognosis for your recovery and your treating physician’s opinion of when you can return to active training and competition per Rule 19 of the WBO Regulations of World Championship Contests.
The WBO wishes you the best good fortune on a prompt and speedy recovery. We look forward to your prompt response to assure you will be able to comply with your future WBO Championship bouts.

Yours truly,
Luis Batista-Salas, Esq.

 

 

WBO Champ Baysangurov Injured, Konecny Bout is Off

WBO junior middleweight champion Zaurbek Baysangurov has suffered an injury, and his scheduled fight against mandatory challenger Lukas Konecny, on March 10th in Ukraine, has been canceled. The champion injured his back during a sparring session. Baysangurov-Konecny will get rescheduled to a new date, but everything depends on the amount of time needed for Baysangurov’s rehabilitation period.

 

By Alexey Sukachev

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=50123

 

Baysangurov vs. Konecny Press Conference

K2 Promotions of Klitschko brothers in associations with SES-Boxing of Ulf Steinforth begin the new season of boxing in Ukraine! WBO junior middleweight champion Zaurbek Baysangurov (26-1, 20 KOs) will defend his title in a match with Lukas Konecny (47-3, 22 KOs) on the 10th of March 10 in the Terminal Ice Palace, Brovary. The boxing event will be presented by Khortytsa TM and Inter Media Group.

The fight promises to be an intriguing encounter, as the ring will be shared by two strongest representatives of the junior middleweight division. Baysangurov and Konecny have not lost since 2008.

   

26-years old Chechen Baysangurov of K2 Promotions debuted in professional ranks in 2004 and very soon gained the reputation of one of the hottest prospects in the division. The real triumph for Baysangurov became his victory over Mexican puncher Marco Antonio Rubio in 2006 in Kyiv. In 2007 Zaurbek won the European title and defended it two times. But in December 2008 young Chechen stumbled one step from world championship fight when lost by technical knockout to Cornelius Bundrage of United States. Shortly after defeat Zaur came back to the ring and scored seven consecutive victories, six of them by knockout, defeating such strong opponents as Eromosele Albert and Richard Gutierrez. In summer 2011 in Odessa, Ukraine, Baysangurov won interim WBO junior middleweight title with a quick victory in the first round over Brazilian Mike Miranda.

    

Last fall WBO junior middleweight champion at the time Sergiy Dzinziruk was stripped of the title, as he has not fight in his division since May 2010 and due to the injury was forced to withdraw from the mandatory defense against Lukas Konecny. According to the decision of WBO Baysangurov was given the status of world champion in this weight, and was obligated to meet Lukas Konecny in his next fight.

For the past six years 33-years old Konecny belongs to the elite of the junior middleweights and because of his achievements is the best fighter in the Czech boxing history regardless of weight categories. In 2008 Konecny fought for WBO world title against Sergiy Dzinziruk and lost by controversial majority decision. Since then, the Czech scored eleven wins in eleven battles, including winning the European belt and two successful defenses of this title.

In the undercard boxing fans will be able to see another title fight when WBO and WBF middleweight champion Christine Hammer (11-0, 7 KOs) will defend her belts against Quinn Shabalaly (4-1-1, 1 KO) of South Africa.

К2 Promotions kicks off the new boxing year with the new partner! Since February 2012 Khortytsa TM – the absolute quality is the official partner of the boxing events promoted by Klitschko brothers’ promotional company in Ukraine.

Bosco Ukraine is a sports partner of the show!

Ukrainian channel Inter will televise, starting at 11:05 PM.

 

Baysangurov vs Konecny WBO Bout Official For March 10

It’s official. According to K2 Promotions, WBO light middleweight beltholder Zaurbek Baysangurov (26-1, 20 KOs) will put his title at risk on March 10 at Terminal Entertainment Center in Brovary, Ukraine, against dangerous Czech opponent and WBO obligatory challenger Lukas Konecny (47-3, 22 KOs) in a real toss-up encounter. Both parties have reportedly signed the documents.

Both fighters are probably the best European representatives in this weight class and haven’t lost a fight since 2008, when Konecny (11 wins since that) dropped a close decision to then-champion Sergey Dzinziruk, and Kiev-based Russian Baysangurov (7 victories from the moment) was sensationally kayoed by veteran puncher Cornelius Bundrage. An official presser to announce the whole event will take place on February 22 in Kiev. K2 will promote the show.

 

By Dmitry Mikhalchuk and Alexey Sukachev

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=49630

 

Baysangurov vs Konecny in Play For March 10th in Kiev

According to the recent interviews of both contestants, the much awaited showdown between the WBO light middleweight champion Zaurbek Baysangurov (26-1, 20 KOs) and his mandatory challenger and WBO #1 154lber Lukas Konecny (47-3, 22 KOs), of the Czech Republic, is possible for the tenth of March in Kiev, Ukraine. The agreement hasn’t been signed yet but both parties hope the official announcement will come very soon, after a few small discrepancies are solved.

Baysangurov, who is promoted by K2 Ukraine, was raised in his status from the WBO interim-title after WBO has stripped then-reigning champion Sergey Dzinziruk of his crown. Konecny, who gave a close fight to Dzinziruk in 2008 only to lose by way of a dubious majority decision, hasn’t lost since and now has eleven wins in a row.

 

By Alexey Sukachev

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=49361