Marco Huck: Mission USA can begin

huckguertel680

Photo: Phillip Gaetz

The wait is over. Marco Huck (38-2-1, 26 KOs) will make the next defense of his WBO cruiserweight title on August 14. The reigning champion will take on Krysztoff Glowacki (24-0, 15 KOs), mandatory challenger to Huck`s title and number one ranked by the World Boxing Organization. This bout will be held in the state of New York or New Jersey with the exact location to be named very shortly. And the German has plenty of reasons to be excited about this clash. “I will be celebrating two firsts when I step into the ring on August 14,” said Huck. “On the one hand, it will be my first fight under the banner of Huck Sports Promotion, who will co-promote the bout in close cooperation with DiBella Entertainment. Furthermore, I will be giving my US debut. The fight against Glowacki will be my first abroad,” an excited Huck commented. “After leaving Sauerland I said that I wanted to fight overseas. That promise is now being kept.”

“The Pole is unbeaten and has a good KO ratio to his name” states Huck with regards to his challenger. “He will also have a lot of locals cheering him on, as many Polish citizens live on the east coast, it will almost be like a home crowd. I am however confident, that at the end of the night, the fans both on-site and in front of their TVs, will be celebrating with me. Boxing fans in America want to be entertained by the warriors inside the squared circle and my style of fighting provides just that, entertainment. Mission USA can begin.”

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/marco-huck-mission-usa-can-begin-295672

Mikey Garcia to Return on November 9 Against Rocky Martinez

MikeyGarciaRockyMartinez.promo

By Sharon Scrima –

Former WBO featherweight champion Mikey Garcia will be making his junior lightweight debut on November 9 in Corpus Christi, Texas to challenge Rocky Martinez for the WBO title, as reported by BoxingScene.com.

Garcia (32-0, 27 KO’s) attempts to make a run at junior lightweight after having been stripped of his featherweight title in June for failing to make weight for a title defense against Juan Manuel Lopez in Dallas. His struggle to make the 126-pound limit was well documented in the HBO coverage prior to the bout, a fight he won with ease by fourth round TKO over the poorly coordinated and shopworn Lopez.

Neither the move up in weight nor the opponent comes as a surprise, as Martinez (27-1-2, 16 KO’s) had been targeted as a potential future partner for Garcia even prior to the Lopez fight. Martinez retained the WBO junior lightweight belt with a disputed draw against Juan Carlos Burgos on the undercard of Garcia’s fight against Orlando Salido in January at Madison Square Garden, where the technically gifted and powerful boxer-puncher from Oxnard, California defeated Salido for the featherweight belt. The action was called to a halt in Round 8 after Garcia’s nose was broken by an unintentional headbutt, leading by a wide margin on all three scorecards to secure the victory.

This will be the third title defense for Martinez who beat Diego Magdaleno this past April in Macau by split decision. The 30-year old Puerto Rican champion possesses the straight ahead, come forward style that plays right into the hands of the talented Garcia and should make for an entertaining scrap while it lasts.

Martinez vs. Garcia is expected to be part of an HBO televised triple-header that will also feature the Nonito Donaire vs Vic Darchinyan rematch, plus Demetrius Andrade vs Vanes Martirosyan for the vacant WBO junior middleweight belt.

http://www.sportsmedia101.com/boxing/2013/09/09/mikey-garcia-to-return-on-november-9-against-rocky-martinez/

Robert Stieglitz vs. Yuzo Kiyota this Saturday, July 13th in Dresden, Germany

STIEGLITZ.KIYOTA.jpg

By Allan Fox: WBO super middleweight champion Robert Stieglitz (44-3, 25 KO’s) will be making his first defense of his WBO title this Saturday, July 13th, against #10 WBO, Yuzo Kiyota (23-3-1, 21 KO’s) at the Energie Verbund-Arena, in Dresden, Germany.

This is an optional title defense for the 32-year-old Stieglitz so he opted to take an easy fringe contender rather than a dangerous contender that might trouble him.

Stieglitz beat Arthur Abraham by a 4th round TKO last March to win the WBO super middleweight title back from him after having lost the belt last year to Abraham by a 12 round unanimous decision in August 2012.

Stieglitz and his trainer did a good job of doing their homework in studying Abraham’s fighting style and coming up with the perfect plan to beat him by coming out fast and unloading on him with nonstop punches until the fight was stopped because Abraham’s left eye had swollen completely shut.

Stieglitz won’t have to worry about coming up with any kind of perfect strategies to beat the 29-year-old Kiyota because he should be able to beat him just by showing up. The World Boxing Organization is the only sanctioning body that has Kiyota ranked in their top 15, and when you see that it tells you that there are major question marks about the talent for that fighter.

Kiyota hasn’t faced any quality fighters yet during his 11-year pro career. He’s been beaten three times in losses to Jameson Bostic, Norifumi Suzuki and Fukutaro Ujie.

If Stieglitz gets past Kiyota, he could be facing George Groves or another rematch with Abraham later this year. It’s likely he’ll choose not to face Groves yet, and instead will look to face Abraham again or go for another optional title defense.

If Stieglitz fights like he did last March against Abraham, he’d be tough for anyone in the super middleweight division to beat. He looked dramatically improved in that fight.

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2013/07/robert-stieglitz-vs-yuzo-kiyota-this-saturday-july-13th-in-dresden-germany/