César René Cuenca, Seguro De Vencer A Juan Manuel Márquez

El boxeador argentino César René Cuenca esperó durante muchos años su oportunidad mundialista y al fin le ha llegado. Se enfrentará al gran peleador mexicano Juan Manuel Márquez, campeón en tres divisiones, en busca del cetro superligero interino de la Organización Mundial de Boxeo (OMB), en México. En la previa a este gran combate, Cuenca (42-0-0-2sd, 1 KOs) habló en forma exclusiva con Diario Abajo del Ring y contó sus sensaciones al respecto.
-Después de tanto tiempo de esperar se te dio la posibilidad de pelear con Márquez, ¿cómo te sentís con esto?
Me siento re contento de que se me está cumpliendo el sueño de pelear por el título mundial. Yo siempre quise por lo menos intentarlo, pero yo ahora estoy con toda y voy a ir a buscar el título y a ganar, nos estamos preparando bien para recibirlo a Márquez.
-¿Cuántos condimentos le agrega a esta situación que el rival sea Márquez, que viene de pelear con Pacquiao?
Eso me preguntan todos, ‘Vas a pelear con Márquez. Márquez esto, Márquez lo otro’. Yo sé que él tiene mucha experiencia, pero nosotros ya estamos en esto, yo sé que tengo experiencia para pelear también y voy a ir a ganar. Estoy convencido de que voy a ganar.
-¿Cómo viene siendo la preparación?
Bien. Estamos entrenando duro, esta semana ya nos concentramos en Pinamar.
-¿Cuántos días antes de la peleas vas a viajar teniendo e cuenta la altura que hay en México?
Eso lo decide Mario (Tedesco, su entrenador) ahora, yo creo que diez o quince días antes, por que hay altura, pero hay que ver lo que dice mi entrenador.
-Sin ánimo de comparaciones, en el momento en el que Carlos Baldomir fue a pelear con Zab Judah, éste era uno de los grandes libra por libra y Baldomir fue silencioso y le ganó la corona. ¿Este puede ser otro caso en donde te corones frente al favorito?
Ojalá, Dios te oiga. Yo voy como siempre bien entrenado, y voy a entrenar más para esta pelea, hay que poner más voluntad y siempre calladito, hay que ver lo que viene.

 

Diarioabajodelring.com

http://www.boxnoticias.net/?p=37207

Cuenca Confident: I Know I’ll Beat Juan Manuel Marquez

Argentine boxer Cesar Rene Cuenca has spent years waiting for a world title shot. On April 14th in Mexico City, he will face one of the greatest Mexican fighters of all time, Juan Manuel Marquez, for the interim-WBO junior welterweight title. Cuenca (42-0, 1 KO) knows Marquez is a very experienced fighter, and he knows a lot of other fights are at stake for the Mexican icon – but Cuenca has no doubts about his ability to defeat Marquez.

“I am very happy, because I’m fulfilling my dream of fighting for the world title. I’ve always wanted to at least try, but now I am going to do it, and I’m going to win. We are preparing very well for Marquez. I know that he has a lot of experience, but I have experience as well. I am convinced that I will win,” Cuenca told Diario Abajo del Ring.

By Rafael Soto

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=50603

Juan Manuel Marquez Hopes For Big 2012, Then 2013 Run

As previously reported, Juan Manuel Marquez (56-6-1, 39KOs) disputed claims that he plans to retire in 2012. Marquez wants to have a big 2012, with at least three fights. For the first time since 1994, Marquez will fight in Mexico City. He faces Argentine Cesar Cuenca (42-0, 1KO) on April 14th for the vacant WBO interim-junior welterweight title.

The WBO honored Marquez on Friday in San Juan, Puerto Rico. He received a special gold ring for his achievements in the ring.

“To me, [the WBO ring] is a source of great pride and motivation to continue my career. At the moment, I will not retire – at least not this year. I would have liked to have become a champion [at welterweight] last November [against Manny Pacquiao], but everyone saw [me as the] champion coming out of that fight with my hand raised,” Marquez said.

After the fight in April, Marquez expects to return in July and then in November, and says the November date “could be against Pacquiao.”

 

By Miguel Rivera

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=50508

Juan Manuel Marquez-Cesar Cuenca For Vacant WBO Title?

If all goes as expected, Juan Manuel Marquez will return to the ring on April 21 undefeated Argentinean César Cuenca (42-0, 1KO) in Morelia, Chiapas or Cancun. A source indicates the possibility of a vacant WBO junior welterweight title being at stake, although it’s not exactly clear if the belt at stake will be the interim or the full title.

The current WBO champion, Timothy Bradley, will move up to the welterweight division to challenge the WBO champion at 147, Manny Pacquiao, on June 9th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Cuenca is ranked at number 1 by the WBO at 140, and Marquez is the WBO champion at 135.

“All I know is that I’m fighting on April 21, but I don’t know the opponent or the opponent. But if [the opponent] is Cuenca, then I’ll have to look for him on Youtube, because honestly I don’t know him and I’ve never seen him fight,” Marquez said.

“Going by his record, I believe that he’ll be difficult, a good boxer and fast. If he’s ranked in the first position [by the WBO], he must have done something.”

Marquez expects to fight three times in 2012, including a fight in July and then another contest in the fall – which he hopes is a fourth meeting with Pacquiao.

 

By Salvador Rodriguez

Salvador Rodriguez covers boxing in Mexico for The Record.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=49604